Benzo Addiction Treatment
For those who experience anxiety or sleep issues, doctors may prescribe benzodiazepines, which are also known as benzos. Although these medications can be effective in the short term, they can lead to dependency and addiction over time. Benzo addiction can be difficult to overcome, but at Tree House Recovery in Colorado, we can help.
Our benzo addiction treatment program in Colorado involves a range of evidence-based therapies and activities that are designed to help you heal physically, mentally, and emotionally. From exercise therapy to family therapy, we will work with you to create a personalized treatment plan that meets your unique needs. You’ll build a foundation of sobriety and learn how to manage stress and anxiety without turning to benzos in our substance abuse treatment program.
Contact us today at (720) 640-2020 to learn more about our benzo addiction treatment program in Colorado. We can help you start the journey to recovery and heal from addiction.
How Does Benzo Addiction Develop?
Benzodiazepines work by depressing the central nervous system, which leads to a calming effect. They are often prescribed for anxiety or sleep disorders, and they can be effective in the short term. They increase the levels of a neurotransmitter called GABA in the brain, which slows down the nervous system.
However, benzos are also highly addictive. When they are used for long periods of time, the body becomes tolerant to their effects. This means that higher doses are needed to achieve the same calming effect. As tolerance builds, physical dependence can develop.
Benzos like Xanax, Ativan, and Klonopin are some of the most commonly abused drugs in the United States. After becoming addicted, many people are getting counterfeit benzos like Xanax of the streets that are mixed with fentanyl. The combination of Xanax and fentanyl can have deadly results. Benzo addiction can be difficult to overcome due to painful and uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms. Having support during treatment is essential for a successful recovery.
What to Expect from Benzo Addiction Treatment
Our Colorado benzo rehab center offers a range of evidence-based therapies and activities to help you recover from the mental, physical, and social effects of addiction. We understand that everyone’s experience with addiction is unique, so we create personalized treatment plans for each of our clients.
Some of the evidence-based therapies that we offer include:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) – CBT is a type of therapy that helps you identify and change negative thought patterns and behaviors.
- Family therapy – Addictions can take a toll on your relationships. Family therapy can help you repair damaged relationships and build a support system.
- Exercise therapy – Exercise has been shown to be beneficial for those in addiction recovery. It can help reduce stress, improve mood, and increase self-esteem.
- Mindfulness-based cognitive therapy – Mindfulness helps you focus on the present moment and become more aware of your thoughts and feelings. This can help you manage stress and anxiety in a healthy way.
- Life skills training – During treatment, you’ll learn essential life skills like budgeting and time management. This will help you build a foundation for long-term sobriety.
We offer an evening program in order to accommodate our clients’ work and school schedules. Every step of the way, we will be there to support you and help you achieve your treatment goals.
Reach Out to Tree House Recovery Today for Help with Benzo Addiction in Colorado
If you or a loved one is struggling with benzo addiction, we can help. Our Colorado addiction treatment center offers a range of evidence-based therapies and activities to help you recover physically, mentally, and emotionally. We understand that addiction is a complex disease, and we will work with you to create a personalized treatment plan that meets your unique needs.